- National Convention
Update on the upcoming National Conference:
- a) State ribbons- This year we will be distributing state ribbons to all attendees. This is to encourage local networking while in Pittsburgh.
- b) State informal meet ups – We encourage you to reach out to your state membership and set up a time in the exhibit hall’s new meet up pavilion (open Thursday, March 2 – 5-7pm, Friday, March 3 – 10:30-6:30pm and Saturday March 4 from 10am-1:30pm) For an informal meet up for any attendees from your state. It is a great way to get members in your state together to get to know each other and connect.
- c) Newcomers’ Welcome, Wednesday, March 1 at 6:30pm in the Westin Hotel – If you know of anyone in your state that is attending the conference for the first time or is a new ASTA member, please encourage them to attend on Wednesday, March 1 the Newcomers’ welcome. Many times new members or first time conference attendees struggle to connect with people onsite. This is a great way for them to start off their ASTA conference experience meeting new people.
- d) Conference app – We will be emailing you in the next week or so the instructions on how to download the conference app. The app is a great way to build your own conference schedule, see who is attending, communicate with them, see the complete conference schedule and encourage your state members attending Pittsburgh to use the app.
- e) Conference badges to registrants who registered prior to February 1 – As an FYI, to help make the onsite conference registration process a simple one, and to get out conference information to all attendees, ASTA mailed all preregistrants who have paid, their badges and other conference info. If you get any questions, registrants just need to bring their envelopes with their badges onsite to the registration area to collect the rest of their materials.
- f) Conference handouts – ASTA is attempting to go green with less paper onsite. With this effort, we have asked conference presenters to submit their handouts electronically. You can find what has been submitted so far underneath each session title on the conference website.